Saturday, September 15, 2012

they shine for you.

I live next to the beach and if you knew me this is not exactly the location you think i would hand pick because:
  1. I do not tan,  in fact i am medically not allowed to, already had some nasty skin cancer taken off.
  2. I am terrified of sharks, its a serious phobia, i even freak out about going swimming in the deep end of pools. you know, just in case a shark accidentally got in.
  3. getting sand on my body, in my car, on the floor in my house drives me crazy
  4. basically i am a vampire and don't exit my house until its dark outside. on the real.
 so there are the reasons why people think i am weird when i say i chose to live next to the beach but here are the reasons i love living next to the beach:
  1. i live in a craphole of an apartment, i mean it is pathetic, if i lived in this same apartment away from the beach it would be called a crackden, but since it is next to the beach people say "omg! your so lucky! you live next to the beach!" not "omg! this is disgusting, this is not fit for a crackwhore, how do you stand it!"
  2. I take comfort in knowing that the ocean is there, i mean i can hear it, i can smell it, it makes me know that the world is still turning and i am still on this planet
  3. The stars! no place else can i go out in my backyard and not have trees blocking my view of the stars plus the lack of street lights and huge city life makes star viewing way more, well, viewable!    
So there you have it. and actually reason number 3 should be number 1. because star gazing is pretty much my current passion. I have made a habit of laying on this boat in my backyard and waiting for shooting starts. I refuse to go inside till i see at least 3 shooting stars which lately takes a million years but thats fine because our galaxy is literally the finest work of art! I get all emo and think about how everybody that has ever taken breath on this planet has looked at the same stars that i look at every night. I imagine them thinking about the same things i do. How small i am, compared to how big the galaxy is. How i don't know how i got to this place in my life. How i wonder if i will ever make a difference in this world. I know that everybody has to think those same things when they stare at the stars. It makes me feel connected to the earth, and this universe in a way i cant even explain. Is that crazy?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like these colorful polka dots. It is so cheerful and reflective of you. I like to look at the stars too; wish I could see them from your place. Lv, M

Post a Comment